Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic landings
Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) landings are used in many different industrial sectors. Because a FRP landing offers many advantages compared to the more traditionally used landings made of, for example, steel and wood. Fiber Reinforced Plastic is high in strength, corrosion-resistant, lightweight, has a long service life and especially the FRP grating and stair treads are safe in use: nonskid and superb anti-slip properties.
Custom Fiber Reinforced Plastic landings
FlexxCon supplies custom FiberGlass Reinforced Plastic landings for example for the petrochemical industry, road and hydraulic engineering, water board and water purification, energy sector, shipping and offshore. Our engineering department designs custom Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic landings for a wide range of applications:
- maintenance landing
- access landing
- intermediate landing
- corner landing
- landing or raised platform in front of the entrance of a building
- loading floors, loading platforms, etc.
- landing for secondary containment
A landing (intermediate landing) is a platform that breaks up a staircase or where the staircase possibly changes direction. A dogleg staircase is a staircase that is interrupted by 1 or several landings. Not only does FlexxCon supply Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) landings, it also supplies various types of FRP dogleg staircases. The dogleg staircases are fitted with special Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic stair treads which are extremely nonskid and have excellent anti-slip properties.
FRP landings and dogleg staircases: high in strength, durable, maintenance-free and safe!
A Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic landing, the advantages:
- chemical resistance: FRP grating is highly resistant to corrosive substances and acids
- lighter than steel: FRP (GRP) grating is a third to a half the weight of steel grating
- impact-resistant: fibreglass reinforced plastic grating is more impact-resistant than steel grating
- nonskid and anti-slip properties: the concave meniscus surface makes the FRP grating extremely nonskid and it has very positive anti-slip properties
- maintenance-friendly: FRP does not rust and does not rot: low maintenance
- optional antistatic top surface
- electrically and thermally non-conductive
- easy to process and install
- radio transparent
Do you have questions or do you want more information?
Call FlexxCon: +31334556696